Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Getting to Orlando...

So, this morning we left the house at approx. 7:45 am to go to the airport. Baggage check only cost us an extra $100. It would have cost another $50, however, I was able to remove a jacket and pair of rainbows in order to get my bag at 50 lbs. Thankfully Diana had extra room!

After boarding the plane to Charlotte we sat on the runway for 45 minutes, causing us to miss our connecting flight to Orlando....wonderful, huh? Anyways, it turned out to be a minor incident because another flight left at 1:00pm, landing at 2:30, and we ended up on the same flight as my Aunt and Uncle!

We made it to the hotel, and guess what, the lovely, wonderful, luxurious Ritz-Carlton does not have free wireless internet. GREAT. So, my 15 minutes (costing me $2.95) is almost up.

More tomorrow from Lima, Peru!

Say a prayer for our first trip out of the USA!

Peace, love, and jet setting rock-n-roll

Marge

No comments: